LES FORTS DE LATOUR
Les Forts de Latour is Château Latour’s second wine. The Château Latour history, classified as Premier Grand Cru in the 1855 classification, started in the 14th century when they built a fortified tower during the One Hundred Years War. Until the end of the 16th century, Latour was a co-lordship whose co-owners received rent from farmers who cultivated lands, some of which were already dedicated to the culture of the vines. Then, in the 18th century, the winegrowing saga speeded up when the marquis Nicolas-Alexandre de Ségur, the “Prince of the vines”, also owner of Château Calon Ségur and Lafite, became the owner of the estate. Since 1993, François Pinault and the Artémis group have been the majority owner (93%) and 7% has belonged to the Ségur family’s heirs.
La troisième expression du vin. Il est au sommet, gagnant en profondeur, il atteint son zenith.
LES FORTS DE LATOUR, 2010
La deuxième expression du vin. Le vin est à l’âge adulte, plus complexe et étoffé, épanoui.
La première expression du vin. Le vin est dans sa jeunesse, souple et ouvert, facile à boire.